Saturday Practice
Adult Mids Countdown: 4 weeks!
Mids is getting close, so I'm trying to up my training...
I got up early to skate the 7:10am freestyle session before teaching LTS on Saturday. This is not exactly a choice session since it's crowded with a lot of little kids, but I didn't want to come in at 5am (the empty session) and sit around for 2 hours until classes started. It's times like this that I wish I lived closer to the rink, so I could go home and take a nap between freestyle and classes!
For a crowded session, I think that I did ok. I warmed up with senior outside double 3s to quick rockers. It took several tries, but I actually made it through the pattern without knocking over any little kids... Then it was onto program work. Axels from my normal crossover pattern felt horrible, but the axels in the program from the spread eagle and the tap toe went fairly well. I had a tough time warming up double salchows because of the amount of people on the ice, but after many aborted attempts, I managed a few decent ones.
I did two program run throughs with all elements except the double toe. First run through: I missed my combo spin and my first double sal. Second run through: I hit everything except the first double sal, and I ended on time!
I'm happy with the progress that I've made this week, but I really wish this program had been put together over the summer like I wanted. Trying to pull this program together at the last minute is way too stressful!
Hopefully I can work on the double toe and the first double sal in tomorrow's lesson with Coach K and start working on complete program run throughs this week.
Mids is getting close, so I'm trying to up my training...
I got up early to skate the 7:10am freestyle session before teaching LTS on Saturday. This is not exactly a choice session since it's crowded with a lot of little kids, but I didn't want to come in at 5am (the empty session) and sit around for 2 hours until classes started. It's times like this that I wish I lived closer to the rink, so I could go home and take a nap between freestyle and classes!
For a crowded session, I think that I did ok. I warmed up with senior outside double 3s to quick rockers. It took several tries, but I actually made it through the pattern without knocking over any little kids... Then it was onto program work. Axels from my normal crossover pattern felt horrible, but the axels in the program from the spread eagle and the tap toe went fairly well. I had a tough time warming up double salchows because of the amount of people on the ice, but after many aborted attempts, I managed a few decent ones.
I did two program run throughs with all elements except the double toe. First run through: I missed my combo spin and my first double sal. Second run through: I hit everything except the first double sal, and I ended on time!
I'm happy with the progress that I've made this week, but I really wish this program had been put together over the summer like I wanted. Trying to pull this program together at the last minute is way too stressful!
Hopefully I can work on the double toe and the first double sal in tomorrow's lesson with Coach K and start working on complete program run throughs this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home