Program Progress
I did program run throughs with all of the elements except the spins on Monday and Tuesday with Coach K. I popped every double jump and messed up the axel every single time. Grrrrr... I just don't have the confidence in my jumps right now that I need to attack them in the program. I'm hoping that getting settled back into regular training will fix that.
Speaking of regular training, I braved the start of what may be a blizzard to skate today. It was supposed to start last night, but there wasn't much snow on the roads this morning, so I decided to head to the rink. By the time I left, there were several inches of snow on the roads, and white-out conditions. I don't think I went more than 25mph the whole way home. At least I got a good 3 hour skate in since my classes were canceled today!
During today's practice, I did a program run through (no spins) and landed both axels and both double sals. I left out the double toe because it's really inconsistent right now, and I wanted to build confidence in the things I can do well. I was very happy with myself, and I even had 3 witnesses.
Speaking of regular training, I braved the start of what may be a blizzard to skate today. It was supposed to start last night, but there wasn't much snow on the roads this morning, so I decided to head to the rink. By the time I left, there were several inches of snow on the roads, and white-out conditions. I don't think I went more than 25mph the whole way home. At least I got a good 3 hour skate in since my classes were canceled today!
During today's practice, I did a program run through (no spins) and landed both axels and both double sals. I left out the double toe because it's really inconsistent right now, and I wanted to build confidence in the things I can do well. I was very happy with myself, and I even had 3 witnesses.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home