Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Practice Routine

I've developed a routine for my precious little ice time. Here's my 1 hour routine practice for a freestyle session:
1. as much of novice mitf as I can squeeze between the other skaters (20min)
2. program practice, usually 2-3 run throughs w/o music, work on bad spots (10min)
3. f$#@!^$#!@%!% backspin exercises (5min)
4. jumps (20-25min)
5. spins (5min)
I skate 1 hr freestyles Monday, Tuesday (1/2hr lesson), Thursday, Saturday (1/2hr lesson), and Sunday (this session was just added last week!!). I think that I'm going to make Sunday-Funday which means spirals, walleys, spins, and just a few minutes on moves/jumps. Five hours a week seems like a lot of time, but I never feel like I get to work on everything that I want to! I've been spoiled by mid-day publics that last for hours. Ah, those were the days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home