Jumping Bean In Training
I might have mentioned that I'm not the world's greatest jumper. However, that doesn't stop me from trying. Lately, I've been subjecting myself to 5-10min. of f#$^&^@$!@ backspin exercises on every session that I skate. These exercises are gradually improving. I can even start in a back pivot, jump, pull into rotation position in the air, and land spinning! (That's a huge achievement for me! Now I just have to learn to start the exercise with a backspin instead of a pivot without losing control...) I've also been doing the pilates video that my aunt got me for Christmas which has helped my core strength.
The difference in my jumps is absolutely amazing! I've been landing my double sal, double toe, and double loop on my feet instead of on my butt about 80% of the time this week. I've also eliminated a large portion of the cheat from these jumps and improved my air position. I'd started wrapping lately, which means that my legs were bent and crossed at the knees. The air position I'm training in the backspin exercises and getting closer to in the actual jumps is straight legs crossed at the top of the boot with a bit of space between the knees. Even one of my coach's other students noticed that my jumps were getting much better. Coach K told her that I had improved 100% in the last few days! Maybe I have jumping bean potential in me after all...
The difference in my jumps is absolutely amazing! I've been landing my double sal, double toe, and double loop on my feet instead of on my butt about 80% of the time this week. I've also eliminated a large portion of the cheat from these jumps and improved my air position. I'd started wrapping lately, which means that my legs were bent and crossed at the knees. The air position I'm training in the backspin exercises and getting closer to in the actual jumps is straight legs crossed at the top of the boot with a bit of space between the knees. Even one of my coach's other students noticed that my jumps were getting much better. Coach K told her that I had improved 100% in the last few days! Maybe I have jumping bean potential in me after all...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home