Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Day After (Testing)

Thank goodness that's over with! I'm feeling a lot better about the tests now that I've had some time to calm down. My intermediate mitf actually went fairly well. The 2 judges that passed me both had some nice comments. The one that didn't, well, I'm just going to call him anal retentive. He had no nice comments at all and had nit-picky comments on all of my moves, even the ones that were passing. It never hurts to have things to improve on though :) And for preliminary freeskate, I did pretty darn well considering it was my first full run through with my music. So, I forgot the bauer before my attitude spin, and I didn't do the charlotte into the sit spin. My coach can jump off a cliff for yelling at me for not pushing enough in the program. If he had brought my music to the rink 3 months ago like he said that he would, maybe I would have remembered more of the program. Ah, well. It's history now.

Skating practice today was wonderful! There's nothing better than the congratulations you get from fellow skaters when you pass a test :) (Thanks Everyone!) And, it was nice to skate and have fun without test stress. Although I did start working on the spins in the pre-juvenile freeskate. I have the hardest time with scratch-back scratch! And I ran through all of the novice mitf that I know - that's going to be one long-hard-son of a $%#! test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home