Beginning Test Panic
I haven't skated since last Thursday since I worked Friday and didn't feel well on Monday. I was a little worried that my intermediate mitf and preliminary free would have suffered, especially since testing is scheduled for next Monday (11/7).
I wasn't disappointed.
I was going to run through the whole intermediate mitf test, and started by almost falling down on my first forward xover on my first power circle. Back double 3's and FO brackets have also suffered. And, I'm not feeling as confident on the inside slide chasse. I think I'm getting to much power from a little side push which is cheating. I should be getting all of my power from pushing/sliding the inside edge of the skating foot forward. (Almost a power pull feeling on just the inside edge.) Strangely enough, the back perimeter stroking to back power 3's were fairly good. I didn't get a lot of power, but the pattern felt correct, and they had decent flow.
I also did a second run through of mitf which was much improved.
As for the preliminary program, I fell on my firt jump attempt, the flip coach added last Wed. I really don't like the placement of this jump. I have hardly any chances to get power before it, and I can't hold the landing or I'll miss the music and be off pattern. It feels crammed in, and I'm fairly certain that it looks that way as well. My coach is an excellent choreographer, but we're really rushing to get this program together. I just hope he has the music cut by my lesson tomorrow. From now on, I'm not letting him talk me into signing up for a test until my program is complete, and I have a copy of the music for practice.
I decided to spend a little while on jumps and spins at the end of the session. Spins weren't so great. Forward scratch was getting unbelievable speed, but didn't center at all. Forward camel didn't feel well stretched out. Back camel wasn't steady. Flying camel was downright scary. I did notice some improvement in my layback though. I was able to hold it a bit longer, and it was more centered :)
Jumps were bad. I barely landed a lutz and fell on everything that rotated more than once in the air. On days like this, I wonder why I bother with doubles at all. Although, coach and I haven't worked on doubles in weeks which is probably a large part of the problem. I'm contemplating not trying anything harder than an axel until after my tests. I don't want to be upset and frustrated while I'm under testing pressure.
I wasn't disappointed.
I was going to run through the whole intermediate mitf test, and started by almost falling down on my first forward xover on my first power circle. Back double 3's and FO brackets have also suffered. And, I'm not feeling as confident on the inside slide chasse. I think I'm getting to much power from a little side push which is cheating. I should be getting all of my power from pushing/sliding the inside edge of the skating foot forward. (Almost a power pull feeling on just the inside edge.) Strangely enough, the back perimeter stroking to back power 3's were fairly good. I didn't get a lot of power, but the pattern felt correct, and they had decent flow.
I also did a second run through of mitf which was much improved.
As for the preliminary program, I fell on my firt jump attempt, the flip coach added last Wed. I really don't like the placement of this jump. I have hardly any chances to get power before it, and I can't hold the landing or I'll miss the music and be off pattern. It feels crammed in, and I'm fairly certain that it looks that way as well. My coach is an excellent choreographer, but we're really rushing to get this program together. I just hope he has the music cut by my lesson tomorrow. From now on, I'm not letting him talk me into signing up for a test until my program is complete, and I have a copy of the music for practice.
I decided to spend a little while on jumps and spins at the end of the session. Spins weren't so great. Forward scratch was getting unbelievable speed, but didn't center at all. Forward camel didn't feel well stretched out. Back camel wasn't steady. Flying camel was downright scary. I did notice some improvement in my layback though. I was able to hold it a bit longer, and it was more centered :)
Jumps were bad. I barely landed a lutz and fell on everything that rotated more than once in the air. On days like this, I wonder why I bother with doubles at all. Although, coach and I haven't worked on doubles in weeks which is probably a large part of the problem. I'm contemplating not trying anything harder than an axel until after my tests. I don't want to be upset and frustrated while I'm under testing pressure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home