Wednesday's Lesson
Well, I still don't have my Preliminary program music. Coach said that it's been cut, but he hasn't gotten the copies back yet. We worked on the program without music anyway. We added a flip jump in the beginning. I do a FO counter, pretty arm thing while turning backwards, back power 3, flip. It's really hard to get speed with just those few steps. And, we added a waltz jump inbetween a triple 3turn and a BO bracket. I'm having a hard time placing these new jumps. They still feel crammed in although I worked on them Wed. with coach and Thur. at practice. They're both hard b/c I'm supposed to go straight backward after them. However, I land on a curve. If I put my free foot down shortly after landing, I can straighten myself out, but I don't want the judges to think that I can't hold my landings. I guess coach will have to look at it at next lesson. That's my only lesson left before testing!
We also looked at my bracket pattern at my request. Coach says he likes it! I had a few that weren't so good, but for the most part, I've really improved these. The only big correction was to keep my thighs close together on the FI brackets. I was getting a weird swingy free leg thing happening. I even did a BI bracket that coach said would have passed a figures test!
Back perimeter power stroking to back power 3's still suck. The perimeter stroking is much better, but the back power 3's aren't on a very good pattern. I'm not going to have much time to fix them, so I hope they're passing like they are now.
We also spent a few minutes at the end fixing my 2salchow entrance. Didn't actually do any, but once again fixed my free leg on take-off. I tend to keep the free leg close to my skating leg and kick from back to front. I need to keep it out to the side and kick up more.
The last minute of lesson was spent on back camel-semi back sit (grab my L ankle with R hand and stretch L arm up and behind kind of Sasha Cohen like) - upright (still holding L ankle with R hand - this is just above hip height).
We also looked at my bracket pattern at my request. Coach says he likes it! I had a few that weren't so good, but for the most part, I've really improved these. The only big correction was to keep my thighs close together on the FI brackets. I was getting a weird swingy free leg thing happening. I even did a BI bracket that coach said would have passed a figures test!
Back perimeter power stroking to back power 3's still suck. The perimeter stroking is much better, but the back power 3's aren't on a very good pattern. I'm not going to have much time to fix them, so I hope they're passing like they are now.
We also spent a few minutes at the end fixing my 2salchow entrance. Didn't actually do any, but once again fixed my free leg on take-off. I tend to keep the free leg close to my skating leg and kick from back to front. I need to keep it out to the side and kick up more.
The last minute of lesson was spent on back camel-semi back sit (grab my L ankle with R hand and stretch L arm up and behind kind of Sasha Cohen like) - upright (still holding L ankle with R hand - this is just above hip height).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home