Procrastination
I really wanted to skate this morning, so I got up early to catch a freestyle before the LTS classes I teach. I was all ready to walk out the door, and I remembered that today's freestyle was canceled because of an ice show rehearsal. Darn!
LTS was fun as usual. I'm really surprised at how fun it is to work with all of the kids, even the little ones. (I don't usually like kids, but they can be really fun when they have ice skates on!) The big bonus is that I have a set of adorable twin beginner tots who just asked if I could give them private lessons! Plus, the skating school director gave me a Success On Skates lesson which is basically a reduced fee private lesson for skaters who are thinking about starting privates. Most of the kids in Success on Skates lessons do continue with privates. Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be teaching private lessons soon.
Ok, I guess that's enough procrastinating... I really don't want to do my Asian Religion reading this weekend. The textbook is horrendous - poorly organized and boring, and the professor for the class is even worse. My motivation to work on this material is precisely zero. I usually doodle my skating program during lecture and discussion...
LTS was fun as usual. I'm really surprised at how fun it is to work with all of the kids, even the little ones. (I don't usually like kids, but they can be really fun when they have ice skates on!) The big bonus is that I have a set of adorable twin beginner tots who just asked if I could give them private lessons! Plus, the skating school director gave me a Success On Skates lesson which is basically a reduced fee private lesson for skaters who are thinking about starting privates. Most of the kids in Success on Skates lessons do continue with privates. Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be teaching private lessons soon.
Ok, I guess that's enough procrastinating... I really don't want to do my Asian Religion reading this weekend. The textbook is horrendous - poorly organized and boring, and the professor for the class is even worse. My motivation to work on this material is precisely zero. I usually doodle my skating program during lecture and discussion...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home