Vacation
I took an overnight trip to an indoor water park with my mom and younger brother last night. It came at a good time because my ankle was really hurting after skating earlier in the week. I had intended to skate Wednesday before we left and only miss practice on Thursday, but I decided to take both days off of skating. Right now my ankle feels pretty darn good. I can even point and flex my foot with almost no pain! I have a lesson tomorrow morning and can stay for public skate after, so I'll have to be careful not to overdo it... I'm thinking no axels, double toes, camels, or forward sits as those hurt more than anything else. Hopefully I can abide by my own rules when skating tomorrow...
Off Topic:
I'm also thinking that I'll take a trip up to school to pick up my books tomorrow. Two of my instructors have already put info up on the class websites, so I can start working this weekend before classes start.
I'm thrilled to have Dr. D for Physics II Lecture and Discussion (I had him for Physics I discussion over the summer and he's terrific - smart, thorough, pleasant, and funny!). He's got an assignment up that looks fun. It's math and vectors review from Physics I, so I'll need to review some things from algebra/trig/physics I in order to do a good job of it. Am I a nerd because I am so looking forward to it??
My Asian Religions teacher also sounds great. His views on teaching and student responsibility are so similar to mine that I think we have a psychic link. He also sounds really open to student participation and discussion, so that should be fun. The bad news is that this class will have a TON of reading. We're covering 300 page book in the first two weeks which is why I really want to get to the bookstore tomorrow! Then I'll have the weekend to get a jump start on the readings.
Off Topic:
I'm also thinking that I'll take a trip up to school to pick up my books tomorrow. Two of my instructors have already put info up on the class websites, so I can start working this weekend before classes start.
I'm thrilled to have Dr. D for Physics II Lecture and Discussion (I had him for Physics I discussion over the summer and he's terrific - smart, thorough, pleasant, and funny!). He's got an assignment up that looks fun. It's math and vectors review from Physics I, so I'll need to review some things from algebra/trig/physics I in order to do a good job of it. Am I a nerd because I am so looking forward to it??
My Asian Religions teacher also sounds great. His views on teaching and student responsibility are so similar to mine that I think we have a psychic link. He also sounds really open to student participation and discussion, so that should be fun. The bad news is that this class will have a TON of reading. We're covering 300 page book in the first two weeks which is why I really want to get to the bookstore tomorrow! Then I'll have the weekend to get a jump start on the readings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home