Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Program is Finished!

The program is finished, and I love it! Now, let me see if I can remember the order...

-combo spin (camel with edge change, sit, back sit with edge change, Y spin)
-spiral sequence
-spread eagle into axel with really fun chasse steps out, or were those progressives??? hopefully my muscles will remember...
- choctaws into double toe-single toe combo
-double sal
-flying camel which will become some sort of combo, yet to be decided
-loop (I think Coach K has designs on making this a double, 'cause there's no way she'd let me off that easy!)
-half-ice footwork into flip-loop-loop (Is that too many loops? Will have to check adult rules, may change one to toe-loop)
-split jump into double sal - tap toe - axel sequence (IJS choreographer and Coach K's idea, not mine...)
-layback

Not bad, I have the rough pattern down. Now, I have to keep the footwork straight. The choreographer had to draw it on the ice complete with little feet where I was supposed to step because I couldn't keep it straight. It wasn't really hard footwork, mainly 3turns and edges, but I'm footwork retarded. Last season, it took me several lessons to learn each part of my footwork. I had no choice this season though, b/c I only had 1.5 hours with the choreographer. Luckily, Coach K was able to be there for my choreo. lessons and can fix anything I forget.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Jennifer! I've been enjoying following your progress and have added you to my blogroll. I was wondering what music you had chosen? I skate at Rockefeller Center and have been thinking of doing a 90 second program for the first time in 15+ years. It won't have a lot of your elements, which are pretty advanced, but reading your list inspired me to really focus on it again! Best, Susan (http://www.lifeskate.com)

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you're only allowed to repeat two jumps. You've got two axels, two double sals, and three loops. If you make one of the loops a toe loop, then you've got two toe loops and still three jumps repeated. You also don't have a lutz.

    Here's the WBP reqs:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/Adult%20Singles%20WBP%20Chart%202007-2008%20(v1).pdf

    Sounds challenging! I'm trying to put my Silver program together and it's a pain, even with axels.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Susan,
    The music is Samson and Delilah. It took forever to get it cut, but it's turning out to be worth the wait!

    You should definitely put a program together. It's a great challenge and a good motivator.

    Jocelyn,
    Thanks for the link. I'll look at the WBP reqs today and discuss with Coach K tomorrow. Darn finals had me so busy that I haven't had time to check yet.

    I'm avoiding the lutz on purpose as I'm a flutzer at worst, and a flatzer at best. I know there have been lots of deductions on the Grand Prix circuit and at mids and sectionals for wrong edges, and I don't want to get caught up in that mess.

    You have to post the details of your silver program, I'd love to hear about it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home