Testing Insanity
Coach K did make it to my lesson today. And, she's going to give me an extra Wed. morning lesson this week to make up for last week. That'll make days in a row with lessons! It's good timing though b/c we just started choreo. on my juvenile program today, and I'm testing it on July 9th... I tried to veto this idea, but Coach K won't hear of it. Once that test is over, we'll add a few seconds to the music so that I can fit in the required footwork sequence for the adult gold test which I'll be taking in August. Sheesh, nothing like putting programs together at the last minute.
The choreo. for the juvenile program is almost done though, and we only spent about an hour on it today. I haven't tried it with the actual jumps/spins, just walk throughs though. We should easily finish the choreo. tomorrow. So far, the order of the elements is:
-FI pivot, stop, BI pivot changing to BO pivot
-push out of pivot into extension
-spiral (leg out to the side first, and then turn sharply towards judges as I pull leg back and up into a spiral)
-inside spread eagle
-layback
-xovers!!!
-lutz
-axel
-footwork into flip (land axel on BO, 3turn to RFI, 1.5 novice 3's, exit novice 3's with a RBI double 3, x-front, hop, xover)
-flip-loop out of the footwork (I actually asked for axel-loop as my combo, but this works better in the choreo.)
-more goregous footwork to a "dancey" part of the music, I hope I look 1/2 as good as Coach K... (land RBO from flip, step forward on LFO, x-front and change to LFI, mohawk to RFI, LFO 3turn into split falling leaf on the music, change landing edge to BI with extension on the music, RBI 3, opposite waltz jump landing with free leg crossed in front, step to LFI, 1.5 junior choctaw pattern with quick shallow edges, RFI 3, 1/2 loop on the music
-camel-sit spin
-coming soon: split jump, flip jump, and sit spin in that order
Let me just say again that the "dancey" footwork is absolutely goregous!!! Well, I hope it'll be goregous when I do it. I was worried about not being able to express the dancy part of the music well, but the footwork is so well designed that it's pretty much impossible for me not to look like I'm dancing. Coach K is so clever! And, she got me (bitching and moaning) to do the choctaws and the 1/2 loop. 1/2 loops are the bane of my existence. I loathe them. And the choctaws are tricky, but not too bad here, since I can cheat and shallow out the edges.
I must really be improving because a few months ago, I could never have picked up this much choreography in one lesson. And, the thing we spent the most time on was the darn pivot to start the program!
The choreo. for the juvenile program is almost done though, and we only spent about an hour on it today. I haven't tried it with the actual jumps/spins, just walk throughs though. We should easily finish the choreo. tomorrow. So far, the order of the elements is:
-FI pivot, stop, BI pivot changing to BO pivot
-push out of pivot into extension
-spiral (leg out to the side first, and then turn sharply towards judges as I pull leg back and up into a spiral)
-inside spread eagle
-layback
-xovers!!!
-lutz
-axel
-footwork into flip (land axel on BO, 3turn to RFI, 1.5 novice 3's, exit novice 3's with a RBI double 3, x-front, hop, xover)
-flip-loop out of the footwork (I actually asked for axel-loop as my combo, but this works better in the choreo.)
-more goregous footwork to a "dancey" part of the music, I hope I look 1/2 as good as Coach K... (land RBO from flip, step forward on LFO, x-front and change to LFI, mohawk to RFI, LFO 3turn into split falling leaf on the music, change landing edge to BI with extension on the music, RBI 3, opposite waltz jump landing with free leg crossed in front, step to LFI, 1.5 junior choctaw pattern with quick shallow edges, RFI 3, 1/2 loop on the music
-camel-sit spin
-coming soon: split jump, flip jump, and sit spin in that order
Let me just say again that the "dancey" footwork is absolutely goregous!!! Well, I hope it'll be goregous when I do it. I was worried about not being able to express the dancy part of the music well, but the footwork is so well designed that it's pretty much impossible for me not to look like I'm dancing. Coach K is so clever! And, she got me (bitching and moaning) to do the choctaws and the 1/2 loop. 1/2 loops are the bane of my existence. I loathe them. And the choctaws are tricky, but not too bad here, since I can cheat and shallow out the edges.
I must really be improving because a few months ago, I could never have picked up this much choreography in one lesson. And, the thing we spent the most time on was the darn pivot to start the program!

1 Comments:
At 9:21 PM,
Anonymous said…
So did you pass?
Post a Comment
<< Home