The Mysterious Missing Coach
Coach K didn't show up for today's lesson :( I was hoping she'd have my music so we could start my Juv/Adult Gold freeskate. But, it wasn't to be...
I put in some good double jump practice instead. Double sal is something like consistent. *knocks on wood* I'd say I landed about 80% today. I'm still sloppy in the air, and could rotate just a pinch more although it's not really cheated. Double toes started off awful with the stab the toe in and stop dead and do nothing routine that I occasionally find myself in. I was trying to straighten the 3turn and keep the R shoulder back on the take-off, and consequently, got so stuck that I couldn't do anything after picking. I finally got my arms right - they eventually have to come through, duh! Then, I landed a few that were still cheated, but felt a bit of spring/flow, and considered that a good improvement. Double loops stunk today, but I landed a few cheated ones as usual. I even had a few minutes to try double flips and even landed a few cheated ones.
I squeezed some spins at the end: sit change sit and flying camel. My sit spin always starts off traveling. I can't figue out why. It centers nicely after just a few revs though, and the backsit is usually spot on.
I also did some junior moves during warm-up: power circles and power pulls. The power circles are feeling better, although I know I'm not quick enough on the last few yet. They are gradually getting quicker though. The power pulls were a bit tricky today. Coack K wants me to get into a quicker rhythm of pull-pull-pull-set-turn-turn, rinse lather repeat. I had been doing a slooow pull, slooow pull, slooow pull, turn, weird free leg kick, turn. The right way really does feel better, it just takes me a few run throughs to stop freaking out b/c of the speed it generates into the turns. All in all, I really like the junior moves. Now if I could just get my choctaws on edges instead of flats...
I put in some good double jump practice instead. Double sal is something like consistent. *knocks on wood* I'd say I landed about 80% today. I'm still sloppy in the air, and could rotate just a pinch more although it's not really cheated. Double toes started off awful with the stab the toe in and stop dead and do nothing routine that I occasionally find myself in. I was trying to straighten the 3turn and keep the R shoulder back on the take-off, and consequently, got so stuck that I couldn't do anything after picking. I finally got my arms right - they eventually have to come through, duh! Then, I landed a few that were still cheated, but felt a bit of spring/flow, and considered that a good improvement. Double loops stunk today, but I landed a few cheated ones as usual. I even had a few minutes to try double flips and even landed a few cheated ones.
I squeezed some spins at the end: sit change sit and flying camel. My sit spin always starts off traveling. I can't figue out why. It centers nicely after just a few revs though, and the backsit is usually spot on.
I also did some junior moves during warm-up: power circles and power pulls. The power circles are feeling better, although I know I'm not quick enough on the last few yet. They are gradually getting quicker though. The power pulls were a bit tricky today. Coack K wants me to get into a quicker rhythm of pull-pull-pull-set-turn-turn, rinse lather repeat. I had been doing a slooow pull, slooow pull, slooow pull, turn, weird free leg kick, turn. The right way really does feel better, it just takes me a few run throughs to stop freaking out b/c of the speed it generates into the turns. All in all, I really like the junior moves. Now if I could just get my choctaws on edges instead of flats...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home