Waxels
I have totally !@%$%^ up my axel. It was feeling better than ever, and now I've gone and messed it all up. I am so mad! Coach K wanted me to try the back xover - change of edge entrance instead of the forward xover - mohawk entrance. I've done the change of edge entrance before, and I never liked it much. I think the problem is that I never really get my weight in the right place after I change edge. So, I'm screwed before I even take-off. Coach K also wants me to do a LBI 3turn and take-off of the LFO edge without putting my foot down. This is insanely hard! I got so frustrated with these exercises that I had a total meltdown. I stopped thinking about technique, and just threw myself haplessly into the air, resulting in some spetacular falls. I should know better than to keep working on something when I get this frustrated because I'm only practicing mistakes. Coach K will have to look at these in tomorrow's lesson...
On a good note, novice mitf are getting a bit better. I'm starting to get the hang of the weight transfer into the 3turn end pattern. Before I wasn't getting all of my weight over my skating leg which caused me to skid the first 3turn. And, I'm still moving at the end of the rocker end pattern. (It's still not nearly fast enough, but it's better than what I was doing!) Also, I landed double sals and double toes today. And, I made progress on fixing my double loop take-off. Apparently I had been waiting waaaaaaay to long on the BO edge, so I'm shortening that which has really thrown the jump off. Landed the last one I tried today though!
Hopefully, Coach K will have my music tomorrow, so we can do some program run throughs with music.
On a good note, novice mitf are getting a bit better. I'm starting to get the hang of the weight transfer into the 3turn end pattern. Before I wasn't getting all of my weight over my skating leg which caused me to skid the first 3turn. And, I'm still moving at the end of the rocker end pattern. (It's still not nearly fast enough, but it's better than what I was doing!) Also, I landed double sals and double toes today. And, I made progress on fixing my double loop take-off. Apparently I had been waiting waaaaaaay to long on the BO edge, so I'm shortening that which has really thrown the jump off. Landed the last one I tried today though!
Hopefully, Coach K will have my music tomorrow, so we can do some program run throughs with music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home