Skating While Sick
Earlier this week, I was wondering if I was getting sick. I started out getting dizzy in my spins which is usually a pretty good indicator that an illness is on its way. Well, after a bit of sniffling Monday and some tightness in my chest last night, I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a truck this morning. My back/shoulders/head ache, my chest is congested, I'm constantly hot/cold, and coughing makes me feel like someone's stabbing me. Did that stop me from skating today though??? No, it sure didn't. I made it to shiny rink for a 45min session to work on novice moves and my new program before work. Novice moves went fairly well considering how I felt. The rocker-choctaw sequence is feeling much better-I'm actually getting the pushes and maintaining speed now! As far as my program, there's only one part that I'll have to work on with coach. After I do my loop jump (on the blue line, about mid ice), I'm supposed to do some flowing steps into a LFO 3turn into xovers down the long side of the rink. Unfortunately, I can't seem to fit the 3turn in properly and always end up too close to the wall. We may need to change something in this bit. Other than that, I just have to polish everything. I threw in a few jumps at the end, just for good measure. I did an axel off of a perfect outside edge, no skid!!!!!!!! The edge was still a bit too curved, but it's been months since I've done an axel without skidding the take-off. I also did a few double salchows. The first ones were awful and popped. Then I managed to land a few, but they skidded off the take-off edge and didn't get good height. That's not to mention my wrapped free leg. Sigh, I am really unfortunate at doing double jumps.
I also got some bad news this morning. Shiny rink will no longer have morning freestyle/hockey sessions due to low attendance. I've expected this for awhile now, but it still makes me sad. I'll have to skate full-time at the dumpy rink which borders on insanely crowded in the mornings starting next week :(
I also got some bad news this morning. Shiny rink will no longer have morning freestyle/hockey sessions due to low attendance. I've expected this for awhile now, but it still makes me sad. I'll have to skate full-time at the dumpy rink which borders on insanely crowded in the mornings starting next week :(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home