Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Am Awesome!!!

I discovered the greatest thing ever. I almost hit a kid trying to do one of those "pull your foot up by your ear - Sasha Cohenesque" RBO edge spirals. To avoid hitting the kid, I swung my free leg around as I picked it up. And what happened??? Did I fall and eat ice? I think not. I grabbed my foot, yanked it up by my ear, avoided the kid, and ended up sliding sideways while staying in the spiral position until I stopped. (~4ft) And, I can repeat the skill even when I'm not dodging projectile kids. I am awesome! Of course I showed Coach K this morning and she immediately rechoreographed the end of the spiral sequence in my pre-juv. program to include it. I guess even she was impressed. Now if only I could figure out how to stop sucking at jumping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home