Lesson Notes
I feel like I made some progress today :)
Lesson Notes:
Novice MITF: Worked on getting cleaner edges/turns and more power in the counter sequences. Took a nasty fall on a back counter as I was trying to avoid a little girl and coach was pulling me another way to get me to do the counter right. Managed to pull my knee a bit. It's sore, but I managed to get through the rest of the lesson. Did the rocker-choctaw sequence down ice for coach and he said it was not bad (pretty high complement from coach!) except I looked scared to death. Tried the pattern again with the most unscared facial expression I could muster and got coach's approval.
Jumps: Landed axel and 2salchow on first try for coach! Landed 2toeloop on second try. He corrected my arms on takeoff - I had been holding them at about hip level instead of lifting up with them to help me get height. Landed a fully rotated 2loop after about 5 tries! This was a great jump day for me! Now if I coud just get the tiniest bit of consistency...
Spins: Spin practice was today's special treat for doing so well with jumping. I love spinning! Coach wants me to learn change edge camels. We worked on pushing the forward camel onto an outside edge (almost there-I can consistently get on the flat) and pushing the back camel onto an inside edge (almost got this and promptly freaked out and almost ate ice). To push the back camel onto the inside edge, coach had me think of the back camel as a BO edge. Then I'd do a 3turn (while still spinning) push my weight back on the blade, and ideally continue spinning in camel position on the inside edge. I managed the back camel, 3turn to FI edge, completed about 1/2 rotation, freaked out, caught my toepick, and nearly fell. At least I have the idea. Now I have to learn to keep my weight back and ride the inside edge. Very tricky stuff.
Choreography: Coach's evil pattern of the day was as follows (yes, it's all on 1 foot): LFO spiral, LFO 3turn, LBI hydroplane, LBI 3turn, push LFO edge into layback spin. My laybacks were verrrry slow, but coach called the sequence "beautiful". Now he doesn't just throw compliments around, so that was music to my ears.
Lesson Notes:
Novice MITF: Worked on getting cleaner edges/turns and more power in the counter sequences. Took a nasty fall on a back counter as I was trying to avoid a little girl and coach was pulling me another way to get me to do the counter right. Managed to pull my knee a bit. It's sore, but I managed to get through the rest of the lesson. Did the rocker-choctaw sequence down ice for coach and he said it was not bad (pretty high complement from coach!) except I looked scared to death. Tried the pattern again with the most unscared facial expression I could muster and got coach's approval.
Jumps: Landed axel and 2salchow on first try for coach! Landed 2toeloop on second try. He corrected my arms on takeoff - I had been holding them at about hip level instead of lifting up with them to help me get height. Landed a fully rotated 2loop after about 5 tries! This was a great jump day for me! Now if I coud just get the tiniest bit of consistency...
Spins: Spin practice was today's special treat for doing so well with jumping. I love spinning! Coach wants me to learn change edge camels. We worked on pushing the forward camel onto an outside edge (almost there-I can consistently get on the flat) and pushing the back camel onto an inside edge (almost got this and promptly freaked out and almost ate ice). To push the back camel onto the inside edge, coach had me think of the back camel as a BO edge. Then I'd do a 3turn (while still spinning) push my weight back on the blade, and ideally continue spinning in camel position on the inside edge. I managed the back camel, 3turn to FI edge, completed about 1/2 rotation, freaked out, caught my toepick, and nearly fell. At least I have the idea. Now I have to learn to keep my weight back and ride the inside edge. Very tricky stuff.
Choreography: Coach's evil pattern of the day was as follows (yes, it's all on 1 foot): LFO spiral, LFO 3turn, LBI hydroplane, LBI 3turn, push LFO edge into layback spin. My laybacks were verrrry slow, but coach called the sequence "beautiful". Now he doesn't just throw compliments around, so that was music to my ears.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home