Jump, Jump, Jump
I skipped mitf practice in favor of jumps today. I did spend a few minutes on perimeter stroking, 3turns and brackets on the hockey circle, and edges done in a figure eight pattern to get used to the ice again since I hadn't skated since last Thur. I've decided that my jump problem is all mental and based on fear and a lack of confidence. My jump practices have gone so horribly lately that I'm afraid of even a waltz jump which I've been doing for at least 8 years on the ice. I expect to fall on axels and doubles and reach for the ice on landings which ruins jumps that I probably could have saved. My singles are all landing on a shaky inside edge. I didn't make any real progress today. Singles were still shaky, and I fell on most of my doubles. The only bright spot was that I landed almost all of my axel attempts (shaky, but landed). At least I'm facing my problem and working on jumps. I've been avoiding them by spending more time on mitf. Hopefully I can make some more progress with coach tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home