Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ouch My Butt!

Over the last few weeks, I managed to pull something in my right butt cheek. Then, that started to feel better, and I pulled the same thing in my left butt cheek. Yup, I'm smooth...

Thanks to a few light skating weeks due to finals and christmas, I rested my poor butt and did a whole lot of stretching. I'm happy to report that it's feeling much better.

I skated today, and jumped for the first time in over a week. I landed double sals and a double toe!!! Where did the consistency come from? Maybe I should lay off the jumps more often... It was such a good jump day that I decided to do a full run through of my new freeskate complete with double jumps and spins. I surprised myself and landed both double sals and both axels! I had to abort the double toe to avoid an oblivious munchkin, but I was thrilled with the run through.

I also put in my application to retest junior moves on January 9th. That means I have to skate every possible second from now until then. I really don't want to take these moves a 4th time, and I'm not feeling too good about passing right now. I think my power circles and power pulls will pass, but I'm very worried about the rockers and choctaws. I thought the inside rockers were fine, but I got so many negative comments last test that I just don't know anymore. The outside rockers still don't have great speed, and I occasionally have wobbles out of the back turns. The choctaws are on better edges now, but I lose speed throughout the pattern. I really hope that I can pull these moves together to put out a good and passing test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home