Still Sick, But Had A Lesson Anyway
I'm still sick. I just can't seem to shake this congestion, and now it feels like it's starting to get into my lungs. Not good news.
I skated on Monday, and didn't feel too bad, except for sinus pain when spinning. I went to my lesson on Tuesday, and I could barely breathe. I was cramping after 1.5 laps of xover stroking because I couldn't get enough air in. I had wanted to do program run throughs during my lesson, but I had to settle for double toe walk throughs. Coach K did make a great discovery though. On the take-off for my double toe, I tend to lean on the inside edge of my skating foot just before take-off which is why I always felt so stuck. If I keep a clean outside edge on my skating foot, I glide right through. Coach K is a genius.
I skated on Monday, and didn't feel too bad, except for sinus pain when spinning. I went to my lesson on Tuesday, and I could barely breathe. I was cramping after 1.5 laps of xover stroking because I couldn't get enough air in. I had wanted to do program run throughs during my lesson, but I had to settle for double toe walk throughs. Coach K did make a great discovery though. On the take-off for my double toe, I tend to lean on the inside edge of my skating foot just before take-off which is why I always felt so stuck. If I keep a clean outside edge on my skating foot, I glide right through. Coach K is a genius.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home