OMG, I Qualified for AN!
I'll give you the good news first: I qualified for Championship Gold Ladies at Adult Nationals!
I came in second in Champ. Gold Ladies at Sectionals. The bad news is that I spazed out and fell on a back sit in my program which I will never, ever forgive myself for. I don't think I've ever fallen on my combo spin before. And, I won Adult Gold spins just an hour earlier. All I could think through the rest of my program was "how stupid can you be". But, I guess the rest of my skating made up for it. I landed a clean axel-loop, a double sal-toe, and a flip. I flutzed my lutz, landed but fell out of my double toe, and turned out of my last axel. I was so disappointed with my skate that I didn't think I'd have any chance at all of qualifying. I had taken off my dress and given it to my parents to take back to the hotel, because I thought that there was no way that I'd make top four. (I'm too nervous to watch the other people in my group skate, but they all seemed excited about how they'd done.)
When the results were posted, people kept congratulating me as I went over to look at them. I didn't see the placements sheet, but saw my name at the bottom of the list with the individual marks listed, so I thought I finished near the bottom of the group. Then, someone asked me if I was Jennifer, and pointed to my name next to #2 on the placement sheet. I just about died. The individual marks were in alphabetical order. So, I had to run and find my parents, change back in to my dress, and take podium pictures!
I also came in third in artistic, but that was only out of four people. I did get one first place ordinal though. And, this time, I remembered my whole program!
Will post videos in a few days.
I came in second in Champ. Gold Ladies at Sectionals. The bad news is that I spazed out and fell on a back sit in my program which I will never, ever forgive myself for. I don't think I've ever fallen on my combo spin before. And, I won Adult Gold spins just an hour earlier. All I could think through the rest of my program was "how stupid can you be". But, I guess the rest of my skating made up for it. I landed a clean axel-loop, a double sal-toe, and a flip. I flutzed my lutz, landed but fell out of my double toe, and turned out of my last axel. I was so disappointed with my skate that I didn't think I'd have any chance at all of qualifying. I had taken off my dress and given it to my parents to take back to the hotel, because I thought that there was no way that I'd make top four. (I'm too nervous to watch the other people in my group skate, but they all seemed excited about how they'd done.)
When the results were posted, people kept congratulating me as I went over to look at them. I didn't see the placements sheet, but saw my name at the bottom of the list with the individual marks listed, so I thought I finished near the bottom of the group. Then, someone asked me if I was Jennifer, and pointed to my name next to #2 on the placement sheet. I just about died. The individual marks were in alphabetical order. So, I had to run and find my parents, change back in to my dress, and take podium pictures!
I also came in third in artistic, but that was only out of four people. I did get one first place ordinal though. And, this time, I remembered my whole program!
Will post videos in a few days.

2 Comments:
At 2:29 PM,
Anonymous said…
WOW, awesome you!!!!
3turn
At 4:42 PM,
Jennifer said…
Thanks, I'm still in shock...
Post a Comment
<< Home