Practice, Practice, Practice
I'm skating like crazy, trying to get my freeskate, interp, and moves ready to for my first competition, Southport. The date is set - it'll be Friday March 2. The test is in the morning, and the Adult level events are at night.
The freeskate is coming together again. After getting the new blades, it fell apart. I've almost got the double toe and double sal. I think they'll be ok by sectionals in mid-March if not for Southport. The double loop may have to come out though. I don't ever fully rotate it, and I'm falling more and more because I'm trying to eek out that extra 1/4 turn to get to ISU clean. Coach K says that the double loop cannot come out for Southport, but I've been practicing the program with both the double loop-loop combo and the axel-loop combo. Just in case...
I had to take out the skid spiral at the end of my program due to a nagging leg injury, and we've replaced it with a falling leaf into a flying camel which actually improved the spin.
Footwork is going well, except for the twizzle. That's been somewhat hit and miss since the new blades. I haven't been falling out of it much anymore, but sometimes I end up doing an extra sloppy turn because I can't stop the rotation in time.
I did my interp for the first time in a few weeks today, and I LOVE it! I'm using "It's a Beautiful Day for a Ballgame", and carrying a bat as a prop. Coach K was going to get the music cut, but that hasn't happened yet. So, I used the music editing program I got for christmas a few years ago to speed the music up just a bit - I only had to cut 5 seconds off to get to 1:40, and it worked out great. (I shocked myself when I figured it, as I'm not so great with technology.)
Moves were a little strange today, but that's probably because I had my first Step Interval class at the gym last night. The class was killer, and hour of step mixed with weight/resistance training. I pretty much couldn't feel my upper arms/shoulders and legs at all. I still managed to make it through the whole junior test though. Coach K thinks it'll pass, even if it's the same quality as this morning. I think it's close, I still tend to make a few little mistakes on most runthroughs though. It'll probably depend on how strict the judges are.
The freeskate is coming together again. After getting the new blades, it fell apart. I've almost got the double toe and double sal. I think they'll be ok by sectionals in mid-March if not for Southport. The double loop may have to come out though. I don't ever fully rotate it, and I'm falling more and more because I'm trying to eek out that extra 1/4 turn to get to ISU clean. Coach K says that the double loop cannot come out for Southport, but I've been practicing the program with both the double loop-loop combo and the axel-loop combo. Just in case...
I had to take out the skid spiral at the end of my program due to a nagging leg injury, and we've replaced it with a falling leaf into a flying camel which actually improved the spin.
Footwork is going well, except for the twizzle. That's been somewhat hit and miss since the new blades. I haven't been falling out of it much anymore, but sometimes I end up doing an extra sloppy turn because I can't stop the rotation in time.
I did my interp for the first time in a few weeks today, and I LOVE it! I'm using "It's a Beautiful Day for a Ballgame", and carrying a bat as a prop. Coach K was going to get the music cut, but that hasn't happened yet. So, I used the music editing program I got for christmas a few years ago to speed the music up just a bit - I only had to cut 5 seconds off to get to 1:40, and it worked out great. (I shocked myself when I figured it, as I'm not so great with technology.)
Moves were a little strange today, but that's probably because I had my first Step Interval class at the gym last night. The class was killer, and hour of step mixed with weight/resistance training. I pretty much couldn't feel my upper arms/shoulders and legs at all. I still managed to make it through the whole junior test though. Coach K thinks it'll pass, even if it's the same quality as this morning. I think it's close, I still tend to make a few little mistakes on most runthroughs though. It'll probably depend on how strict the judges are.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home