Snow Days
Well, we officially had a blizzard here in SE Wisconsin. We only got around 10" of snow, but it was windy, and the roads were horrible. I skipped skating Friday, as the roads were literally sheets of ice (I only drove to work and home). I tried to get to Gurnee for the 5am Saturday session, but the roads were actually worse since the snow and ice that hadn't been cleared during the day froze into more sheet ice. I left home at 4am, went maybe 5 miles, decided that I'd never make it to the rink (20ish miles away), turned around, and got home at 5am. So, I got up at 3:30am and drove around on sheet ice for an hour, and accomplished absolutely nothing. There weren't any freestyles or decent publics on Sunday, so I had to go 3 days without skating. I love snow, but that's a big sacrifice.
I finally got to skate today, and was pleased to find that I hadn't lost much ground. All of my jumps are still intact :) and my moves are about where I left them. The outside and inside rockers are still a bit shakier than usual, but I expected that.
I have two lessons with Chris this week. On Wed., we're going to look at double loops again since I'm still not getting the full rotation.
I haven't decided what to work on during Thursday's lesson. Coach K suggested double flips, but I almost feel guilty working on something that I don't need for nationals. I was thinking about asking to work on lutzes again, because I want them to be strong so that I can work on doubles after Nationals in April. And, I have a lutz in my program, so I don't have to feel guilty about working on "extra" stuff.
I finally got to skate today, and was pleased to find that I hadn't lost much ground. All of my jumps are still intact :) and my moves are about where I left them. The outside and inside rockers are still a bit shakier than usual, but I expected that.
I have two lessons with Chris this week. On Wed., we're going to look at double loops again since I'm still not getting the full rotation.
I haven't decided what to work on during Thursday's lesson. Coach K suggested double flips, but I almost feel guilty working on something that I don't need for nationals. I was thinking about asking to work on lutzes again, because I want them to be strong so that I can work on doubles after Nationals in April. And, I have a lutz in my program, so I don't have to feel guilty about working on "extra" stuff.

2 Comments:
At 2:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
You should have just skated outside! ;)
At 6:14 PM,
Jennifer said…
Gosh you're brilliant. My skates were sitting in the backseat of my car. I should've just strapped them on and skated on the roads. It would have been much safer than trying to drive :)
Post a Comment
<< Home