Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

Still Love Skating; Still Suck at Jumping

Coach K missed a make-up lesson that we scheduled for Saturday. I was the only one on the ice for an entire hour. It would have been heaven, except my junior moves were on vacation. Especially the left foot of the power pull pattern. I eventually got through it, but I know that I can do way better. I got a bit bored with moves after 1/2 an hour, so I decided to run through single jumps. I did them big and fast. I might have even looked like a competent jumper. Until I got to axels, that is. I was scared, and they were slow and scratchy and generally awful, but landed.

I also skated Sunday evening. I decided to try doubles again, and fell on every single one that I tried. But, I went into them faster. If I'm going to fall anyway, I might as well have some speed into the jump. At this point, I just want to pass Adult Gold freeskate, and then stop jumping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home