I Got My Music!
Coach K brought my now recut and appropriate length music to my lesson today, finally. She said that she'll ask the skating club to hold a spot for me on the Nov. 1st test session, but if the program isn't ready by then, I'll be able to back out at no charge. I agreed, and I hope I'll be ready. I'd really like to get testing out of the way as soon as possible.
The beginning of my music is much nicer. Before, it was too soft and I couldn't hear the first few seconds even if it was turned up all the way. Now, it's a bit stronger, and I can actually hear it. So far, the remodeled program goes like this:
-pretty arms/back outside pivot/push semi-spiral/flat choctaw/little inside edge ina bauer
-2 back xovers, LFO 3turn with arm, RBO 3turn, loop
-from loop landing, x-front, rocker choctaw step, x-behind, push for BO 3turn, forward xover with slide step on end
-1 back xover, axel
-from axel landing, RBO 3turn, LFI 3turn, x-front, RBI double 3turn, set for spin
-camel-catch foot-back sit
-2 forward xovers into split jump-flip jump sequence
So far, I LOVE the program. Coach K had wanted me to change music for competition to something faster/stronger, and I told her that she'd better not make this program so nice, or I would want to keep it. She said we'll see how the whole program comes together and then decide.
I landed my axel in the program really well today. Apparently, Coach K figured out that if she put a whole bunch of slides and cross steps before the axel, I wouldn't have time to freak out and mess it up. Brilliant strategy, and it works like a charm.
Next lesson, we'll be adding a lutz, an axel-loop, a layback, a straight line footwork sequence, a salchow, and a flying camel. That's a lot, I hope that we can get this all done!
As a side note, I haven't totally given up on doubles yet. I landed two double salchows and one cheated double toe. It's not much, but at least it's an improvement over falling on every single one I tried.
The beginning of my music is much nicer. Before, it was too soft and I couldn't hear the first few seconds even if it was turned up all the way. Now, it's a bit stronger, and I can actually hear it. So far, the remodeled program goes like this:
-pretty arms/back outside pivot/push semi-spiral/flat choctaw/little inside edge ina bauer
-2 back xovers, LFO 3turn with arm, RBO 3turn, loop
-from loop landing, x-front, rocker choctaw step, x-behind, push for BO 3turn, forward xover with slide step on end
-1 back xover, axel
-from axel landing, RBO 3turn, LFI 3turn, x-front, RBI double 3turn, set for spin
-camel-catch foot-back sit
-2 forward xovers into split jump-flip jump sequence
So far, I LOVE the program. Coach K had wanted me to change music for competition to something faster/stronger, and I told her that she'd better not make this program so nice, or I would want to keep it. She said we'll see how the whole program comes together and then decide.
I landed my axel in the program really well today. Apparently, Coach K figured out that if she put a whole bunch of slides and cross steps before the axel, I wouldn't have time to freak out and mess it up. Brilliant strategy, and it works like a charm.
Next lesson, we'll be adding a lutz, an axel-loop, a layback, a straight line footwork sequence, a salchow, and a flying camel. That's a lot, I hope that we can get this all done!
As a side note, I haven't totally given up on doubles yet. I landed two double salchows and one cheated double toe. It's not much, but at least it's an improvement over falling on every single one I tried.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home