Minor Progress and Next Testing Date
Well, progress isn't coming in leaps and bounds right now, but it's coming.
I finally felt a difference, a good difference on my double toe loop. Finally. It's only taken 8 years, but the jump is finally straightening out. I even got over a blade length of distance! (I used to get about an inch.) The jump is still a bit cheated, but good attempts are about ISU clean (1/4 cheat).
My camel on a FO edge is getting more reliable. And, I can usually get 2 revs, and am working on a 3rd. I'm also adding a catch foot which means I have to switch back to spinning on a flat. That's coming along quite nicely.
BI edge sit is also working rather well these days. I lost it for a bit, but it's back and better than ever. I just have to remember to get my arms and shoulders over my right side or I fall over.
I'm also discovering that flying sits really aren't hard when you do them right. I did one that was pretty decent today with Coach K's coachly wisdom of "stay over the skating foot." Brilliant!
Junior moves are coming along. They still suck, but I can eek through all of the patterns now. The only thing that's really a sticking point now is the RFI to LBO choctaw. I totally suck at it and it just destroys the flow of the choctaw pattern. Must spend hours on public session working on just this turn!!
As far as my next testing date, I'm not sure when that will be. I still need to take the Adult Gold Freeskate to qualify for AN. I was planning on taking it on my club's August test session, but I'll be out of town then. And, my club may not offer a session in September. That leaves testing out of club which I'll have to look into. I'm also waiting for a longer version of my music.
I finally felt a difference, a good difference on my double toe loop. Finally. It's only taken 8 years, but the jump is finally straightening out. I even got over a blade length of distance! (I used to get about an inch.) The jump is still a bit cheated, but good attempts are about ISU clean (1/4 cheat).
My camel on a FO edge is getting more reliable. And, I can usually get 2 revs, and am working on a 3rd. I'm also adding a catch foot which means I have to switch back to spinning on a flat. That's coming along quite nicely.
BI edge sit is also working rather well these days. I lost it for a bit, but it's back and better than ever. I just have to remember to get my arms and shoulders over my right side or I fall over.
I'm also discovering that flying sits really aren't hard when you do them right. I did one that was pretty decent today with Coach K's coachly wisdom of "stay over the skating foot." Brilliant!
Junior moves are coming along. They still suck, but I can eek through all of the patterns now. The only thing that's really a sticking point now is the RFI to LBO choctaw. I totally suck at it and it just destroys the flow of the choctaw pattern. Must spend hours on public session working on just this turn!!
As far as my next testing date, I'm not sure when that will be. I still need to take the Adult Gold Freeskate to qualify for AN. I was planning on taking it on my club's August test session, but I'll be out of town then. And, my club may not offer a session in September. That leaves testing out of club which I'll have to look into. I'm also waiting for a longer version of my music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home