Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Excellent Goodwill Find

My black Danskin leggings were wearing out, but I was hesitant to replace them because they're pretty expensive (over $30). Today at Goodwill, I found 3 pairs of Champion running tights for $4 each. They're a bit shinier than I would have liked, but for the price, they can't be beat. They were brand new too because they still had all of the tags on. It was a steal of a deal. Now, I have to get in shape so they'll look good. (For some reason, the shiny ones make my thighs/butt look bigger. They'll be good motivational garments.)

Skating is the same as always. Jumps aren't consistent enough. Junior moves are in the developmental (read: slow) stage. I hardly have time to work on spins so they're not getting better, but they're not getting any worse either. I'm still ending my pre-juv. program after the music, and I'm supposed to test next week. I'm really hoping that I'll finish faster during the test since I won't have to dodge people.

Only other news is that Coach K missed two of my lessons (Saturday and Tuesday). I know she has problems with her back, and has missed a few lessons because she can't get out of bed (literally, it's not an excuse). I have a bad back too, so I understand, but at the same time, I need to have reliable lessons. We're supposed to do an hour on Thursday to make up the missed lesson on Saturday. Hopefully she'll be there. I have so much that I want to work on. (Axel w/ speed, double toe, double loop, double lutz, junior moves)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home