Yesterday's Skate
I was so excited after my lesson on Wed. Then, I crashed on Thursday. I just didn't feel like jumping. I was tired, thanks to storms that kept me up almost all night. The good news is that I did my intermediate MITF, and the backward power 3's were decent on the first try! Brackets were really scratchy though. I spent a few minutes working on each bracket on the hockey circles.
I did spins next, which tired me out. I really want coach to look at my flying camel next week. I keep getting that salchow looking entrance edge - where I don't jump soon enough, and take off of a BI edge instead of a FO. Very bad. I am getting better at holding the landing and rotating though.
Then, I tried to jump. My lutz and axel were goofy - actually close to disasterous. I kept popping them and landing forward (very scary). I tried 2salchows, and landed the first one very well. After that, I was pretty much a disaster. I need to think of arching my back on the entrance and take-off (to stop me from leaning forward - coach's tip from Wed.). When I do that, bring the free leg around wide, keep my arms level, and don't get scared, I can land them. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for 2toes.
I'll skate again on Monday - hopefully the weekend off will give me time to forget the bad habits I've started this week.
I did spins next, which tired me out. I really want coach to look at my flying camel next week. I keep getting that salchow looking entrance edge - where I don't jump soon enough, and take off of a BI edge instead of a FO. Very bad. I am getting better at holding the landing and rotating though.
Then, I tried to jump. My lutz and axel were goofy - actually close to disasterous. I kept popping them and landing forward (very scary). I tried 2salchows, and landed the first one very well. After that, I was pretty much a disaster. I need to think of arching my back on the entrance and take-off (to stop me from leaning forward - coach's tip from Wed.). When I do that, bring the free leg around wide, keep my arms level, and don't get scared, I can land them. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for 2toes.
I'll skate again on Monday - hopefully the weekend off will give me time to forget the bad habits I've started this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home