Only 3 Days 'Til Southport
There's only 3 days until the Southport competition! Now seems like a good time to start freaking out, but I'm actually relatively calm. I didn't skate yesterday since there's no ice time I can attend on Sundays, so my body got a day to recuperate from a rough week. I meant to skate the 5am this morning, and the 3:30 this afternoon, but an icy/snowy mix convinced me to sleep in and do just the afternoon session.
The moves went well today. I like to use them as a warm up for the afternoon session because I get there just in time and don't have time to do a lot of off ice warm up. I think my power circles and inside rockers are pretty good. The outside rockers are still a bit sticky after the back turn, but improving. I did a pretty good set of power pulls, although the end of the pattern was a bit squished since I had to avoid a coach standing in the corner. Choctaws are flowing, but could use deeper edges. All in all, I think what I did today would have passed. That's a good feeling.
The freeskate is coming along. The double jumps are still a mess, but the rest of the program is feeling more solid. The twizzle in the footwork seems to have worked itself out, and I'm nailing the falling leaf into my final flying camel spin. My axel is also feeling really good. The landing is straightening out which gives me a few extra seconds for the flying camel. If I could just do the doubles, it would be a really great program.
The interp is feeling terrific. It's easy and fun, which is what I wanted. I think it's going to be super cute once I get my baseball outfit on. I have to experiment with the baseball cap this week though. I'm a little worried that it will fall off on the flying camel. If it does, I'll have to find some heavy duty barrettes to anchor it down.
I have lessons tomorrow and Wednesday, so hopefully coach K can get my jumps back under control.
The moves went well today. I like to use them as a warm up for the afternoon session because I get there just in time and don't have time to do a lot of off ice warm up. I think my power circles and inside rockers are pretty good. The outside rockers are still a bit sticky after the back turn, but improving. I did a pretty good set of power pulls, although the end of the pattern was a bit squished since I had to avoid a coach standing in the corner. Choctaws are flowing, but could use deeper edges. All in all, I think what I did today would have passed. That's a good feeling.
The freeskate is coming along. The double jumps are still a mess, but the rest of the program is feeling more solid. The twizzle in the footwork seems to have worked itself out, and I'm nailing the falling leaf into my final flying camel spin. My axel is also feeling really good. The landing is straightening out which gives me a few extra seconds for the flying camel. If I could just do the doubles, it would be a really great program.
The interp is feeling terrific. It's easy and fun, which is what I wanted. I think it's going to be super cute once I get my baseball outfit on. I have to experiment with the baseball cap this week though. I'm a little worried that it will fall off on the flying camel. If it does, I'll have to find some heavy duty barrettes to anchor it down.
I have lessons tomorrow and Wednesday, so hopefully coach K can get my jumps back under control.

1 Comments:
At 6:44 AM,
Anonymous said…
good luck! i can't wait to hear all the details!
3turn
Post a Comment
<< Home