Lessons from Nick
I had a pair of great lessons with Nick last week.
I think that we finally got to the roots of my problems with double jumps. First, I lack speed, power, and attack. Second, my take-offs are fairly correct, but my flight path is curved instead of straight which explains why I don't get any distance although I'm kicking through properly. We did lots of drills to get me to jump straight, and then snap the hips to start rotation without without curving the jump in midair. One of the better ones was a loop jump walk through on the blue line. I'd set up on a RBO edge with the L leg crossed in front. Then, I'd do a BO 3turn. I'd lift my L knee as I turned, and then stay over my right side and try to keep the RFI exit edge as straight as possible. Once I got my balance over the RFI edge with my L knee still lifted, I'd turn a RFI 3turn and pull my arms and legs in to rotation position. Then, I'd try to keep the RBO exit edge straight. It's going to take lots of work to do this properly. I like to go in a big circle. Nick demonstrated the proper way, and he stayed on a completely straight line on both exit edges with no wobbles.
Between increasing my speed and attack into my jumps and trying to remember to think about what I'm doing in the air as well as on take-off, I've got my work cut out for me.
I think that we finally got to the roots of my problems with double jumps. First, I lack speed, power, and attack. Second, my take-offs are fairly correct, but my flight path is curved instead of straight which explains why I don't get any distance although I'm kicking through properly. We did lots of drills to get me to jump straight, and then snap the hips to start rotation without without curving the jump in midair. One of the better ones was a loop jump walk through on the blue line. I'd set up on a RBO edge with the L leg crossed in front. Then, I'd do a BO 3turn. I'd lift my L knee as I turned, and then stay over my right side and try to keep the RFI exit edge as straight as possible. Once I got my balance over the RFI edge with my L knee still lifted, I'd turn a RFI 3turn and pull my arms and legs in to rotation position. Then, I'd try to keep the RBO exit edge straight. It's going to take lots of work to do this properly. I like to go in a big circle. Nick demonstrated the proper way, and he stayed on a completely straight line on both exit edges with no wobbles.
Between increasing my speed and attack into my jumps and trying to remember to think about what I'm doing in the air as well as on take-off, I've got my work cut out for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home