Thank Goodness I'll Be Out of Town...
Coach K said that if I wasn't going to be out of town for the August test session, she probably would have had me test my junior moves. Once again, I think she's been sniffing way too much glue before my lessons. I can stagger through the test without major errors (such as falling flat on my face), but I don't have the power and polish that I'll need to come close to passing. And, my RFI to LBO choctaw is more of a RF flat into a giant stumble. Oh, and I still stink at FO rockers - holding the BO edge back to the axis is haaard. But now that Coach K has mentioned testing, I know there's no turning back. I've got to work these moves hard b/c I'm sure she'll have me try them at the next session (which may not be until October).
I've really been drilling my jumps this week. They're been kinda crappy lately. As usual. There has been some improvements though. My double toe is now getting one blade length of distance when it used to get about an inch. Trouble is that it should be getting 3-5 blade lengths of distance. Sigh. I've also changed my wind-up for my double loop, and that seems to be settling in. I really couldn't do a double loop at all for a few days after making the changes, but now they're starting to get a bit more height, and even a bit more rotation. I've also started working seriously on double lutz on every session. I landed two on Thursday! But then none on Friday :(
In other news, I got my silver test figures blades mounted to my old sp-teris. I'm going to try them out on Tuesday morning. I bet I fall flat on my face. My sharpener warned me that they'll feel like butter knives because they have a true figures sharpening with a very shallow hollow. He said that I'd probably feel like I don't have any edges because I'm not used to actually using them. Coach K seemed really excited when I told her I got the blades mounted, and I think she's going to come in early on Tuesday to do some figures with me. As if I didn't already have enough to practice...
I've really been drilling my jumps this week. They're been kinda crappy lately. As usual. There has been some improvements though. My double toe is now getting one blade length of distance when it used to get about an inch. Trouble is that it should be getting 3-5 blade lengths of distance. Sigh. I've also changed my wind-up for my double loop, and that seems to be settling in. I really couldn't do a double loop at all for a few days after making the changes, but now they're starting to get a bit more height, and even a bit more rotation. I've also started working seriously on double lutz on every session. I landed two on Thursday! But then none on Friday :(
In other news, I got my silver test figures blades mounted to my old sp-teris. I'm going to try them out on Tuesday morning. I bet I fall flat on my face. My sharpener warned me that they'll feel like butter knives because they have a true figures sharpening with a very shallow hollow. He said that I'd probably feel like I don't have any edges because I'm not used to actually using them. Coach K seemed really excited when I told her I got the blades mounted, and I think she's going to come in early on Tuesday to do some figures with me. As if I didn't already have enough to practice...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home