Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another Upcoming Test, Junior Moves, and Stuff

I just signed up for my Pre-Juv. freeskate on May 31. They're still looking for one more judge though. If they can't find anyone, I may have to wait until July. I really hope I get to do Pre-Juv in May. Then, I can try for Juv & Adult Gold Freeskates by the end of summer (using the same program for these two tests). I really want to get testing out of the way so that I can focus on adjusting my test program for nationals, as well as coming up with an interpretive program.

I had a special treat in my lesson on Tue. I got to start Junior moves! I'm so disappointed that I have to do power circles again. I feel a bit cheated, like the USFSA was too lazy to come up with another interesting footwork move, so they just resued the intermediate power circles with less strokes and an extension on the end. (I know these are supposed to demonstrate how you've developed more power by the junior test, but they're so boring!) I also learned the i/s rockers (pretty easy) and the o/s rockers (which make me look totally retarded) and the power pulls pattern (which I can do, it's just not placed right and it's very slow). I think the only thing left to learn is the choctaws. I'm looking forward to those.

In other news, my jumps are still inconsistent except for my axel and double loop. Those I can land pretty much every day. Trouble is that I'll need the double sal and double toe for nationals. I think I may have had an epiphany on my double sal. Coach K thinks I'm dropping my R side before I take-off. I'm hoping that this is like my problem with the double loop where I learned not to drop down before jumping and the jump got 1000x more consistent. I'll have to try it tomorrow. Spins have been fairly uneventful. I'm trying to really snap entrance to get more speed. I'm also putting some time into back camel to insided edge back sit. I can get the inside edge part easy, but the lowest ones are still just a bit above hip height. Must get lower!

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home