Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Friday, July 06, 2007

Thinking About Giving Up

I just found out that my rink is cancelling their policy of giving coaches free ice time. I'm already broke as can be without paying for ice time, and I can't possible work anymore because I'm already as busy as can be with school and two part time jobs.

I might be able to squeak out 2-3 hours of ice time a week if I don't go out at all, but that's certainly not enough time for me to improve on anything. That might not even be enough time to keep my current skills.

One part of me says to keep skating, keep one 1/2 hour lesson a week, and 2 hours of ice time. Then, I'd probably abandon all attempts at doubles since they aren't consistent at 6-10hrs a week, and focus on moves and putting together a strong program with jumps only up to axel.

The other part of me says that I should just quit. I've been really frustrated with my lack of consistency on the doubles lately anyway, and maybe I've pushed myself as far as I can go. I'd really like to pass junior and senior moves, but at 2hrs per week, there's no way I'll pass before the moves change in Sept. And, I really don't think I'll ever pass senior moves with twizzles added with only 2 hrs of practice per week.

I skipped skating today, and ate a giant frosted cookie instead. I really don't care how fat my a$$ gets if it doesn't have to fit in a skating dress anymore :(

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do hope you find a way to continue skating - is it possible to take it for credit at your college??

    But if you do have to stop for awhile, try to think of it as a temporary hiatus, not a permanent loss.

    3turn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home