Jennifer's Figure Skating Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vacation!

Well, I haven't gotten in much skating lately. I've been a bit lazy about getting up in time for the 5am session, and I'm always exhausted after work and end up napping instead of hitting the afternoon sessions. I had a lesson today which almost felt like a waste since I haven't had time to practice much. I did my rockers and power pulls from junior moves with Coach K skating with me and calling out the timing. Both moves went much better this way. I skate waaay to slow when left to my own devices. We also worked a bit on double loop. We're making more significant changes to the take-off. Now, on the entrance, I'm supposed to have my left foot on an outside edge and crossed over the right foot. Having my feet crossed like this prevents me from jumping 'around' because if I don't jump straight up, my feet get tangled up and I trip myself. I really and truly sucked at this entrance. I guess I've been jumping by throwing my shoulders and left leg around. I felt completely stuck with the crossed-leg entrance, and I barely managed a few double attempts. Coach K seems to think the jump looks better with this entrance, so it'll stay this way although it's going to need a lot of work.

Anyway, I'm going on vacation this weekend, and won't be skating again until next Wednesday. Maybe a break will actually be good so that I can let all of these technique changes sink in a bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think the crossed foot loop entry looks really cool. but don't you hate it when they (coach) take away your power (bad technique!)???
    3turn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home