Improvement
I stuck to my plan and worked on MITF and spins before jumping. I did what I thought was a passable run through of intermediate MITF on my first try! I talked to my coach today, and we'll be back to our normal Wed. morning lessons, starting next week. (I haven't had a lesson in about a month.) I can't wait to see what he thinks. Spins were about the same as yesterday. I did manage to throw in a few old combos, just to see if I remembered. I did a camel-flying sit, and illusion-backsit, and a camel-sit-layback-backcamel. None of these are great at the moment, but I managed to hit all of the positions, now I have to try and maintain speed (or even gain speed) through all of those transitions!
Jumps were actually good today. Axels were feeling bigger today - I had to really concentrate on checking the landing. Double salchows are still inconsistent, but I landed several. 2toes and 2loops were cheated, but strong and well-presented. (Probably done well enough to fool people into thinking that I'm capable of doing them.) I even landed a few 2flips. My single lutz is still retarded, so I didn't try any doubles. I may save that for my lesson next week. Coach loves to yell at me for not being able to do a decent lutz.
Anyway, my keep trying and eventually you'll get it right method seems to have worked today. I actually landed more jumps on my feet today than on my butt!
Jumps were actually good today. Axels were feeling bigger today - I had to really concentrate on checking the landing. Double salchows are still inconsistent, but I landed several. 2toes and 2loops were cheated, but strong and well-presented. (Probably done well enough to fool people into thinking that I'm capable of doing them.) I even landed a few 2flips. My single lutz is still retarded, so I didn't try any doubles. I may save that for my lesson next week. Coach loves to yell at me for not being able to do a decent lutz.
Anyway, my keep trying and eventually you'll get it right method seems to have worked today. I actually landed more jumps on my feet today than on my butt!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home